- A male in his 50s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 80s from Bernalillo County who had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 70s from Doña Ana County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 80s from Doña Ana County who was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society facility in Las Cruces.
- A male in his 30s from San Juan County who had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 70s from Socorro County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
DOH did not, as usual, disclose which underlying condition any of the deceased had before their deaths, only that one was present.
DOH reported 152 individuals are hospitalized for COVID-19, down four from Thursday’s announcement. This could include out-of-state residents who are hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19, but would not include New Mexicans who are hospitalized in other locations for the disease.
The number of those designated as recovered by DOH reached 8,139, an increase of 124 over Thursday’s announcement.
The state coronavirus information page said that, as of Friday, the state has processed 558,012 tests, an increase of 6,375 over Thursday’s total.
While the total number of cases were down in many areas of the state, Chaves County matched its single-day-high of 18 new cases, previously set on July 24. Cibola County also set a record with 13 new cases, one higher than the previous record—set one day before, on July 30.
Of Cibola County’s 331 total confirmed cases, over 20 percent occurred in the last two weeks.
Curry County had 21 confirmed cases, the second-most in a single day after July 26 when the county had 22 confirmed cases.
The state provided the total number of cases on Friday by county.
- 49 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 18 new cases in Chaves County
- 13 new cases in Cibola County
- 21 new cases in Curry County
- 34 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 3 new cases in Eddy County
- 9 new cases in Lea County
- 6 new cases in Lincoln County
- 2 new cases in Los Alamos County
- 3 new cases in Luna County
- 11 new cases in McKinley County
- 3 new cases in Otero County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 5 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 7 new cases in Sandoval County
- 8 new cases in San Juan County
- 12 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 3 new cases in Taos County
- 8 new cases in Valencia County
The state also announced the total number of cases by county, including those announced on Friday.
One previously reported case in Doña Ana County was identified as a duplicate and three previously reported cases (one in each of Bernalillo, Doña Ana and Santa Fe counties) were identified to be out-of-state residents and removed from those counties’ totals.
- Bernalillo County: 4,735
- Catron County: 4
- Chaves County: 334
- Cibola County: 331
- Colfax County: 13
- Curry County: 453
- Doña Ana County: 2,171
- Eddy County: 242
- Grant County: 66
- Guadalupe County: 31
- Harding County: 1
- Hidalgo County: 85
- Lea County: 605
- Lincoln County: 97
- Los Alamos County: 20
- Luna County: 223
- McKinley County: 3,988
- Mora County: 6
- Otero County: 182
- Quay County: 31
- Rio Arriba County: 293
- Roosevelt County: 139
- Sandoval County: 1,070
- San Juan County: 2,994
- San Miguel County: 41
- Santa Fe County: 561
- Sierra County: 28
- Socorro County: 73
- Taos County: 94
- Torrance County: 59
- Union County: 25
- Valencia County: 354
DOH reported the number of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the following facilities:
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 266
- Otero County Prison Facility: 278
- Otero County Processing Center: 159
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 43
DOH also reported the numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by the New Mexico Corrections Department at the following facilities:
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 25
- Lea County Correctional Facility: 4
- Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility in Union County: 1
- Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 470
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
- Western New Mexico Correctional Facility in Cibola County: 3
DOH also reported that they have found at least one positive case in 42 acute care or long-term care facilities in the last 28 days, an increase of one facility over Thursday’s announcement.